This is not a typical work-in-progress post because I don’t have any pictures to share. Last night, I cast-off on the Spiral Cowl I’ve been working on as a just-cause gift for my mom. I took a look at the top and bottom edges and realized they didn’t look quite the same. I showed it to my husband and he said it wasn’t really noticeable, but after staring at it for a few minutes it was all I could see. At first, I tried to redo the final edge but I wasn’t satisfied. I realized I just didn’t like the edging on either side and decided to start over with a modification to that part of the pattern. So what took me about a week to create, I ripped out in less than 10 minutes.
The mod I’m going to make is skipping the picot edging and instead working 8 rows in garter stitch. There are a few knitters on Ravelry who made this mod and I love how it turned out.